Terms & Conditions
About usThe website at www.screenface.com (“Website”) is owned by Kryolan GmbH in Berlin Germany and operated by Screenface Limited ("Screenface Limited", "we" or "us") registered in England under number 14898016.
Address: 7-8 Langley Court, London WC2E 9JY, United Kingdom
Tel: 0207 836 3955
If you wish to contact us please use the details above.
Please understand that reporting a concern about any Website content does not guarantee that it will be removed from the Website.
To protect your own interests, please read these terms & conditions carefully before you tick the box to accept them and before you complete your online product order. If you are uncertain as to your rights under these terms & conditions or if you want any explanation about them, please telephone or email our customer services department firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0207 836 3955 before you place your order.
These are the Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms”) of Screenface Limited, 7-8 Langley Court, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9JY, professional make-up suppliers, company registration number 14898016, and VAT number GB 442 7453 92 (“Seller”, “We or “Us”). These Terms apply to the sale and purchase of those products made available by Us for purchase by consumers as set out on this website (“Goods”).
By placing an order and purchasing goods from Us you enter into a legally binding agreement with Us on these Terms. You should read and understand these Terms because they affect your rights and liabilities and you are advised to download or print these terms for your records.
Subject to the provisions of Clause 4.2 below, the price of the Goods the delivery charges and VAT where applicable is set out on your order form.
You have a legal right to cancel your order and get your money back which is explained in clause  below. Details will also be sent to you with the Goods when they are delivered. Please note that this right does not apply to wigs, teeth, moustaches, beards, cosmetics and similar skin-contact products, or any books and DVDs, in each case which has been opened or used.
1.1 In these Terms:
- 'Contract' means the contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods between you and Us made upon these Terms;
- 'Payment Card' means the credit or debit card or other payment system chosen by you to be used as the method of payment for the Goods, the details of which you provide to Us when placing your order; and
- 'Delivery Area' means the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- "Writing" and “Written” includes emails.
1.2 Unless the context otherwise requires:
- 1.2.1 Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and words importing one gender include all genders;
- 1.2.2 References to persons shall include bodies corporate and incorporate;
- 1.2.3 Reference to any statute or statutory provisions shall be deemed to include any statutory modifications or re-enactments thereof or any rules or regulations made thereunder or any enactment repealing and replacing the act referred to; and
- 1.2.4 Headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these Conditions.
2. Basis of the sale
- 2.1 We shall sell to you and you shall purchase only those Goods which you have set out in an order and which has been accepted by Us. We reserve the right to reject any order. Each sale of Goods will constitute a separate Contract and will be made on these Terms.
- 2.2 No order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by Us unless and until confirmed electronically by Us to you, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 2.3 No variation to these Terms shall be binding upon us unless and until expressly agreed by e-mail or in writing by us.
- 2.4 Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the Contract.
- 3.1 The quantity and description of the Goods will be as set out in your Order when accepted by us.
- 3.2 The delivery of Goods is solely limited to the Delivery Area and to volumes in common household quantities. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the Delivery Area and we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the Delivery Area.
- 3.3 Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the Goods are available, you are based in the Delivery Area, and your Payment Card is authorised for the transaction. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. We might not accept an order if we have identified an error in the price or description of the Goods or if we are unable to meet a delivery date you have specified.
- 3.4 You or we are entitled to withdraw from any Contract if any obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the Goods as described on our website are identified. The images of the Goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Goods and your product may vary slightly from those images.
- 3.5 You shall be responsible for that your order is properly completed and submitted and that the information you provide is complete and accurate.
- 3.6 We reserve the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
4. Price of the goods
- 4.1 The price of the Goods shall be the price set out on the relevant page of this website at the time of submission of your order. We reserve the right to change the prices set out on this website, but if we accept an order from you the price for the Goods will be the price shown at the time the order is placed.
- 4.2 If the price of the Goods increases between the date we accept your Order and the delivery date, we will let you know and ask you to confirm by e-mail/in writing that the new price is acceptable. If it is not acceptable then you will of course have the option of cancelling the order. If you do not positively confirm by e-mail or in writing that the new price is acceptable then we will treat that lack of confirmation as the cancellation of your order.
- 4.3 The price of the Goods does not include insured postage or packaging.
- 4.4 The total price you pay is inclusive of any applicable value added tax.
- 4.5 If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the Contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 4.6 None of the discounts can be used in conjunction with promotion or special offer.
5. Terms of payment
- 5.1 We accept payment by Payment Card. You must pay for the Goods you have ordered products before we dispatch them.
- 5.2 When you provide us with details of the Payment Card and submit your Order you confirm that you are duly authorised to use the Payment Card and authorise us to deduct from the Payment Card account the full price of the Goods and all other payments which may become due to us under the Contract.
- 5.3 If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the Goods from your account we can cancel the order and/or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- 5.4 Where Goods are returned by you in accordance with your rights under the provisions of Clause 9, we shall credit the Payment Card with the appropriate amount.
- 6.1 Delivery of the Goods shall be made by us or our carrier to the delivery address shown in the Order Form. It is important that this address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the Goods left if you are out when we deliver. Once the Goods have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions, you will be responsible for them. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence or due to a manufacturing design or design fault will cease upon delivery.
- 6.2 We will do all that we reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery or, if no date has been specified by us, within 30 days of the order date. All dates are target dates only and we do not accept responsibility for delays by carriers or otherwise beyond our control. If we are unable to make the delivery date we will contact you. If delivery cannot be made within 30 days of the given delivery date, you will be entitled to either arrange a revised date or cancel the order and receive a full refund.
- 6.3 If the order is a multiple order and we are unable to make delivery of the whole order but are able to deliver part we will contact you, informing you of this, and delivery will be on a mutually agreed date.
- 6.4 If we fail for any reason to deliver any or all of your Goods then any reimbursement shall be no more than the price of the Goods and any delivery or other costs paid by you to us as part of your order.
7. Risk and property
- 7.1 As soon as we have delivered the Goods you will be responsible for them.
- 7.2 Subject to the provisions of clause 9 and notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Terms, title to the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods.
- 7.3 Goods supplied to you are sold to you on condition that you are a consumer and the end user of the Goods and are not supplied for resale.
8. Warranty and liability
- 8.1 These Terms do not affect any additional rights you may have under a manufacturer's warranty/guarantee. These are rights given to you by the manufacturer in addition to your statutory rights. Any additional rights given to you by the manufacturer in respect of Goods purchased are not provided by us and are not incorporated into the Contract.
- 8.2 As a consumer you have statutory rights regarding the return of defective Goods and claims in respect of losses caused by any negligence or our failure to carry out our obligations. These Terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- 8.3 Important notice: Time limit for notification of claims You are asked to examine the Goods as soon as reasonably possible after delivery. Any claim by you based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with their specification must (whether or not delivery is refused by you) be notified to us within 14 days from the date of delivery or within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure if it was not apparent on reasonable inspection.
- 8.4 Where a valid claim in respect of Goods delivered is notified to us within 14 days of the delivery date, or within a reasonable time if not apparent on reasonable inspection, you are entitled either to reject the Goods and receive a full refund or have the Goods (or the part in question) replaced free of charge.
- 8.5 If you notify and claim more than 14 days after delivery or after a reasonable time from discovery of the defect, we shall be entitled at our sole discretion either to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or to refund to you the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), and we shall have no further liability to you.
- 8.6 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, and subject to your statutory rights, our liability to you whether under the Contract or otherwise will in all circumstances be limited to an amount equal to the price of the Goods.
- 8.7 Subject to your statutory rights, we shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Goods if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
9. Right to Cancel
- 9.1 You may cancel your order at any time before delivery of the Goods to you. You will also have an opportunity to examine the Goods that you have ordered after they have been delivered to you and if for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase and give us notice within 14 days of the delivery of the Goods to you that you wish to cancel your order then, provided that you return the Goods to us at the address stated on your sales receipt within 14 days from the date of your cancellation notice, then we will provide a refund to you. You will not incur any charges for that refund and the refund will be made to the same Payment Card as you used for your payment.
- 9.2 You can give a cancellation notice by telephone to customer services on 0207 836 3955 or by email to email@example.com.
- 9.3 If you reject the Goods for any reason other than damage to or a defect in the Goods, you must pay the cost of returning the Goods to us and you will be responsible for their safe return. If you do not return the Goods to us, we will be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the Goods from the sums we refund to you. If you reject the Goods because they are damaged or faulty, we will cover the cost of the return of the Goods to us.
- 9.4 Goods must be returned complete and undamaged with all accessories and instructions. The original packing must be returned in reasonable condition. If the Goods are returned by you for any reason other than damage to or a defect in the Goods and they have suffered any reduction in their value as a result of handling beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods then you will be charged for that diminution in value and that charge will be deducted from your refund.
- 9.5 The right to cancel your order will not apply in respect of wigs, teeth, moustaches, beards, cosmetics and similar skin-contact products, or any books and DVDs, in each case which has been opened or used. or personalised goods or goods made to your specification.
- 9.6 In the event that we supply substituted Goods to you in accordance with these Terms, your right to cancel is as set out above except that the cost of returning the Goods shall be borne by us.
10. Data Protection
- 11.1 You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0207 836 3955. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 11.2 The clauses of these Conditions and each sub-clause thereof are several and if any part of any clause or sub-clause shall be void, invalid or unenforceable then the remainder of such clauses or sub-clauses shall nevertheless be valid and enforceable.
- 11.3 No term of the Contract is intended to confer a benefit on, or be enforceable by, any person who is not a party to the Agreement (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise);
- 11.4 If any provision of these Conditions is held by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable in any jurisdiction in whole or in part, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected nor will it affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- 11.5 We will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
- 11.6 The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
12. Governing law
- 12.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 12.2 If you have any questions or complaints about your order or any Goods delivered to you please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0207 836 3955. Should any dispute arising from the transaction not be resolved directly between you and us, there are a number of government approved and listed certified alternative dispute resolution service providers, including ProMediate (UK) Limited (www.promediate.co.uk) and others; but we are not obliged to and do not agree to have our customers' complaints handled by these providers.
Access to the Website
- 5. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any service we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 6. All materials on the Website and all intellectual property rights in the Website are owned, licensed to and/or controlled by Kryolan and its licensors. All material on the Website is protected by copyright. Permission is granted only to electronically copy and/or print in hard copy portions of the Website for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any other use of the materials on the Website (including but not limited to making such material available on any other website, online service, social networking site or networked computer environment) is strictly prohibited unless otherwise expressly agreed by us.
- 9. The Website may include links to other websites. We do not endorse or approve and have no responsibility for the content of any website to which the Website links including but not limited to any advertising, marketing, promotions, products or services available from such websites, nor for any loss caused by the use of or reliance on the content of such external websites.
- 10. No authority is given (expressly or implied) by us to deep link to or to frame any of the content that appears on the Website or to use any representation of any of the trade marks, service marks, trade names, branding or logos that appear on the Website. Linking to the Website is prohibited.
- 11. Although Kryolan has taken reasonable care and precautions in compiling the Website, we do not make any representations or warranties of any kind (expressly or implied) with respect to the content or operation of the Website and any such representations and warranties are excluded by this notice. We do not warrant that use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
- 12. Your use of the Website and the materials contained in it is entirely at your own risk. Kryolan does not accept any liability for losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, that you may suffer as a result of your use of the Website or your reliance on the content of the Website including but not limited to computer service or system failure, access delays or interruption, data non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or other harmful components, breaches of security or unauthorised use of the system arising from "hacking" or otherwise.
- 13. The Website is made available on the basis that all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website, or reliance on the content of the Website, is excluded by us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 14. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any page posted on the Website shall be subject to correction or deletion (as appropriate) without any liability on our part. We aim to update the Website regularly and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. The information on the Website is based on sources believed to be reliable; however, no assurances are provided to the user that the information is accurate and complete.
Compliance with Applicable Laws
- 15. You agree not to use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all applicable laws. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. You will not upload or transmit through the Website any material that is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety. You will not use the Website in any manner that violates or infringes the rights of any person or company (including but not limited to rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy). You accept that breach of any of these obligations may result in us terminating your access to the Website.
User names and passwords
- 16. If you choose, or if you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 18. We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website (together the "Interactive Services"). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on our Website. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- 19. The use of any of our Interactive Services by a person under the age of 18 years old is not permitted.
Contributions to the Website
- 20. These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
- Contributions must:
- (i) be accurate (where they state facts);
- (ii) be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- (iii) comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- (i) contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- (ii) contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- (iii) promote sexually explicit material;
- (iv) promote violence;
- (v) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- (vi) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- (vii) be likely to deceive any person;
- (viii) be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- (ix) promote any illegal activity;
- (x) be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- (xi) be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- (xii) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- (xiii) give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- 21. Without prejudice to your responsibilities to comply with the above content standards, you hereby assign (including by way of present assignment of future rights) all rights, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to all Contributions to Kryolan absolutely and you hereby grant to Kryolan all consents, rights, and waivers as may be necessary or desirable for Kryolan to use, apply and exploit your Contributions in any manner and by any means and to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
- 23. Neither we nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, third-party content providers or licensors, or any of their officers, directors, employees or agents, shall be liable for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive losses or damages which may arise out of or in connection with your use of the Website or the use of or reliance upon any of its content.
- 24. Our total aggregate liability in respect of causes of action that arise, whether in tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise out of or in connection with the use of the Website or the use of or reliance upon any of its content or other information shall not exceed £500, save to the extent that any person suffers death or personal injury as a result of our negligence, or such liability arises as a result of our fraudulent misrepresentation, or otherwise if and to the extent that any such liability may not be lawfully excluded or limited.
- 26. The Website is controlled, operated, and administered from the offices of our parent company Kryolan GmbH in Germany but is targeted at persons within the United Kingdom and we make no representation that any Website content is appropriate or available for use at any other location outside the United Kingdom, and access to the Website from territories where the contents or products or services available through the Website are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Website from a location outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- 29. Should any dispute arise which is not be resolved directly between you and us, there are a number of government approved and EU listed certified alternative dispute resolution service providers, including ProMediate (UK) Limited (www.promediate.co.uk) and others which can be accessed here ec.europa.eu/odr; but we are not obliged to and do not agree to have our customers' complaints handled by these providers.
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 1st July 2023 and replace all previous terms and conditions.